Welcome to Area "D" and "I"
Electoral Area "D" and "I" are comprised of eleven unincorporated communities starting on the east side of Skaha Lake and includes Upper Carmi, Heritage Hills, Lakeshore Highlands, Vintage Views, Skaha Estates, Okanagan Falls and NE Vaseux Lake. The west side of Skaha Lake includes Kaleden, St. Andrews By-The-Lake, Twin Lakes and Apex Ski Resort.
The Regional District of Okanagan Similkameen (RDOS) is responsible for administration, local governance, and local services in these communities. Electoral Area "D" is represented on the Regional Board by Director Ron Obirek. Electoral Area "I" is represented by Subrina Monteith. There is a Community Services and Parks and Recreation Office in Okanagan Falls. A large concentration of both vineyards and commercial wineries are located in the area. Both Electoral Areas are in close proximity to Penticton with amenities and cultural attractions.
For those flying to other areas it is only a short 12-15 minute drive from Okanagan Falls to Penticton Airport. WestJet and Air Canada offer daily flights.
Although the community was founded on agriculture, and continues to have a strong economic and cultural connection to ranching, fruit production and forestry, the local economy has diversified considerably in recent years to include manufacturing, tourism and wine production.
Okanagan Falls is becoming home to a growing number of innovative and prosperous businesses that appreciate the exceptional environment in which to live and conduct business.
- One of the warmest lakes in Canada, sandy beaches, trails and a strong emphasis on encouraging healthy and active lifestyles
- Four distinct seasons, long hot summers and mild winters is without a doubt a recreational paradise.
- Vast amounts of affordable, serviced industrial land for relocations and business expansion
- A perfect environment for custom manufacturers as well as the wood, wine and agricultural industries
- The surrounding communities continue to offer some of the most affordable housing in the valley.