The Regional District of Okanagan Similkameen (RDOS) is responsible for administration, local governance and local services in these communities. Electoral Area "D" is represented on the Regional Board by Director Ron Obirek. Area D has an economic development office in Okanagan Falls. A large concentration of vineyards and commercial wineries are located in the area.
Although the community was founded on agriculture and continues to have a strong economic and cultural connection to ranching, fruit production and forestry, the local economy has diversified considerably in recent years to include manufacturing, tourism and wine production.
Okanagan Falls is becoming home to a growing number of innovative and prosperous businesses that appreciate the exceptional environment in which to live and conduct business. Benefits of living in Okanagan Falls include:
- One of the warmest lakes in Canada, sandy beaches, trails and a strong emphasis on encouraging healthy and active lifestyles
- Four distinct seasons, long hot summers and mild winters make it without a doubt a recreational paradise
- Vast amounts of affordable, serviced industrial land for relocations and business expansion
- A perfect environment for custom manufacturers as well as the wood, wine and agricultural industries
- The surrounding communities continue to offer some of the most affordable housing in the valley
Area 'D' Economic Development Office
#1 - 5350 9th Avenue (Hwy 97)
Okanagan Falls, BC V0H 1R0
More information about the Regional District of the Okanagan Similkameen can be found at www.rdos.bc.ca