Official Community Plan: D1 and D2
An Official Community Plan (OCP) is the vision a community has for its future. It contains goals and policies that will shape future land use in a way that reflects the community's vision. These goals and policies form a framework used by the Regional District staff, other agencies and the community to guide their decisions about future land use.
Under the Local Government Act, an OCP must include certain information, such as:
- Residential development;
- Commercial, industrial, and industrial land uses;
- Land subject to hazardous conditions or environmentally sensitive to development;
- Major road, sewer and water systems;
- Housing policies related to affordable housing, rental housing, and special needs housing;
- Public facilities, including schools, parks, and waste treatment and disposal sites; and
- Greenhouse gas emission policies, targets, and actions.
Beyond this, an OCP may also consider other community priorities such as heritage protection, food security, water quality, economic development or transportation and mobility.